- Use the harness every time you place your baby in the pram, stroller or jogger. This also helps your baby get used to being secured.
- Do not overload the back of the stroller or jogger by hanging bags from the handles. This creates a tip over hazard. Carry an empty backpack when shopping or use the storage space on the stroller of jogger underneath.
- NEVER hang your personal bag on the handles or leave your purse sitting on the top of the hood. These are well known targets for thieves and your baby's pram, stroller or buggy may be knocked over in the process of being robbed.
- As your child gets older, do not let them stand up or lean out of the pram/stroller or jogger. Take care to keep it out of reach at home so that your child does not 'play with it'.
- Before buying your chosen baby mover, practise folding and unfolding it. Can you do this with one hand? (As your baby will probably be in the other!) Lift it when folded to check the weight. If it is too heavy this may be a problem, particularly if you have a bad back, need to use public transport or have a high position car boot.
Last revised: Tuesday, 10 September 2013
This article contains general information only and is not intended to replace advice from a qualified health professional.